1.Garbanzo Beans Cinnamon Snack
THIS is my new favorite snack. It is so easy to make and soo good. If you are a snacker, like me, you need to try this. Instead of reaching for the goldfish (hahaha…if you are a former student, you know about my obsession with these bad boys..) or whatever your vice may be, these are just as easy to snack on and GOOD for you. Not to mention, extremely yummy!
Quick Facts: 375°F, 40 minutes
- 1 can of Garbanzo Beans (15 oz)
- 1 spoonful of coconut oil
- Stevia (to taste)
- Cinnamon (like 2 tbsp or more..haha!)
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Put rinsed Garbanzo beans into a mixing bowl
- Heat up coconut oil so that it is a liquid and pour into bowl. A little bit goes a long way. I use about 1 spoonful
- Mix Garbanzo beans with spoon until they are all fully covered in the oil
- Sprinkle in Stevia (or truvia). The amount depends on how sweet you want them. I only put about a spoonful in.
- Add the cinnamon. Start with about 1 1/2 tbsp and then if you want to add more, you can.
- Mix thoroughly until beans are covered in the mixture
- Lay out beans on a sheet of foil evenly. If you want to add more cinnamon, you can also add that here!
- Put in oven and make for about 40 minutes! They will be nice and crispy <3
2. Garlic Spaghetti Squash
Now this is definitely a go to meal for me. Spaghetti Squash looks like pasta, but has wayyy less carbs and it is a vegetable, so obviously better for you!! If you are trying to lower your carb intake, I highly recommend trying this squash! Sometimes when my family has Spaghetti, I cook up spaghetti squash and then just add the spaghetti sauce my mom makes. That way I can still eat with my family while watching my nutrition! It is SUPER easy to make.
Quick Facts: 375°F, 40 minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Seasoning (I used garlic and pepper)
- Preheat oven for 375° F
- Cut the squash in half with a good knife. This might be the hardest part. HA!
- Get allll the seeds out. This takes some scraping. Use a spoon to help!
- In a glass pan (like pictured above) pour about 1 inch of water into the pan. This will help to “steam” the squash
- Lightly season the inside of the squash. I used garlic (to taste) and pepper (also, to taste). This just helps the seasoning to marinate in the squash! YUM
- Place the squash face down in the pan
- Let it cook in the oven for 40 minutes!
- Once it is done, let it sit for about 2 minutes to cool off.
- Now, it’s time to make the squash. Be sure to keep a glove/mit on the hand that is holding the squash because it is HOT!
- With a fork, scrap all the squash out of the shell. This makes a lot of squash.
- Then, if you want, you can add more seasoning!
3. Chocolate Mint Yumminess Protein Shake
I love protein shakes. They are easy, convenient, and if you good a good product, YUMMY! I’ve talked about it before, but my favorite nutrition supplement brand is 1st Phorm. All of their products are of the highest quality and ZERO BS. A lot of the brands you see at GNC or Total Nutrition are ripping you off. Stop. Research.
After researching a lot, I discovered 1st Phorm and will never look back. Not only do they sell only quality products, but they have some ammaaaaazzzziinngg flavors! My current favorite is the Mint Chocolate Cookie. Y’all….it taste like a legit milkshake!
ALSO: If you type in THEGLAMOROUSTEACHER at checkout, you will get free shipping. So why buy products in store that aren’t as good of a value? Makes no sense…haha!
- 1st Phorm Protein Powder in Mint Chocolate Cookie
- 6 oz Almond Milk
- Handful of ice cubes
- Handful of Spinach
- Small Banana
- Add all ingredients and mix in a blender…. pretty easy!
4. Fruit Salad Mix
This saved me when meal prepping. When trying to live a healthy lifestyle, it can be so easy to just grab a protein bar when you are hungry. While I do love me some Quest bars, it is important to not just eat processed foods. Having lots of yummy fruit is so easy and yummy!
- 1 banana
- 5 or 6 cut up strawberries
- handful of blueberries
- sprinkle cinnamon on top!
Y’all….Cinnamon makes alll the difference. If this sounds weird to you, I dare you to try it. SO GOOD. And cinnamon is great for your overall health. Add it to everrrrything!
5. Cinnamon Almonds
Yes… another snack with cinnamon. BUT IT IS SO GOOD.
In a ziplock baggie, I would add a serving of almonds and then sprinkle cinnamon on top. Then, zip the bag tight and shake the almonds around so that they are all evenly coated in cinnamon. SO good.
Since it is Pumpkin Spice Season, I would add pumpkin spice seasoning instead. TALK ABOUT AMAZING! And, it is an easy way to mix up the boring unsalted nut mix…haha!
I hope y’all found some new ideas for the kitchen. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring, you just have to explore your options and get creative. If you try something, let me know!